Want to sell or consign your equipment?
Call us and learn how!
Se Habla Español
Cook Faster & More Efficiently
Restaurant Convection Ovens cook foods consistently and really save cooking time with a commercial convection oven! Typically most restaurant equipment includes ovens and convection ovens that have a fan that actively circulates hot air around food in the oven cavity to create a uniform and consistent temperature. This type of cooking equipment is found in used restaurant equipment in our auctions here at Main Auction Services. This design reduces cold air space around food, making it cook faster than foods in standard radiant ovens.
If you are looking for a new cooking equipment, a convection oven in particular, remember restaurant convection ovens may come in single or double deck models so you can keep up with your volume of orders. If you are wanting to upgrade to a convection oven of this type, please contact us here at Main Auction Services. Main Auctions is your restaurant equipment and used restaurant equipment in the Dallas, Grand Prairie and Irving area. These types of ovens can be manufactured by companies like Alto-Shaam, Bakers Pride, Blodgett, Garland / US Range and SunFire and Vulcan are a main part of the types of commercial restaurant equipment in our auctions weekly.
Restaurant convection ovens are ideal for bakeries, restaurants, and cafeterias, a commercial convection oven will cook large quantities of food quickly without sacrificing quality. Breads, muffins, and other goods will bake consistently with a flaky, crispy crust, while meats will cook evenly and remain tender and juicy. Please ask about the cook and hold models which can slowly roast meats and keep food at optimum temperatures in between servings. As you review our auction convection ovens this week, please note ovens with glass or solid doors to customize your ability to watch your food as it cooks.
Keeping a convection oven as the workhorse of your commercial kitchen will help during rush time. The fan blowing hot air around the cooking chamber shortens cooking times and produces crisp crusts on breads and other baked goods.
Main Auction Services invites you to consider using these five tips to keep your unit working properly.
- Never hang heavy items on the oven's door. Damage to the hinges may happen the the result will allow heat to escape and throwing off cooking times. A badly damaged hinge can even take an oven offline entirely as calibrated cooking temperatures are compromised.
- Keep a constant eye on the door seal to make sure it is not damaged and effectively keeping in the heat. A combination of hinge damage with the door seal will compromise the integrity of the oven on many levels.
- If the door seals properly but the food isn't cooking as it should, the unit may require some recalibration. Calling your local service agent to check the thermostat and any temperature probes and programmed bake settings.
- To work properly, a convection oven needs a clean air intake. Make sure you remove and clean the intake fan regularly (following the manufacturer's guidelines). Clean and remove any obstructions from the flue at this time, as well.
- Oven operators should perform a basic cleaning daily, and more thorough cleaning of their oven at least once a month or follow your company regular maintenance schedule with care.
Main Auction Services buys and sells restaurant equipment, used restaurant equipment, and cooking equipment in Texas and nationwide, with inventory arriving on a daily basis. This inventory is made available for purchase through its weekly online auctions, with select items available through the retail store front. Whether the need is to buy or sell one piece or the contents of an entire restaurant, Main Auction Services and Texas Restaurant Equipment is the resource for late-model restaurant, bakery and bar equipment in the Texas region. In addition to commercial restaurant equipment, Main Auction Services occasional has residential furniture, kitchen & bath fixtures, appliances, electronics and décor.
Main Auction Services wants to be the restaurant store you think of first. Main Auction Services has facilities in Dallas, TX and Houston, TX. For more information about upcoming sales please call 972-642-0513 (Dallas), 972-579-4612 (Irving) or 713-690-1231 (Houston). Main Auction Services provides services throughout the state of Texas, including Austin and San Antonio.
If you need help with converting cooking time for a convection oven, please check out this great website to help.